I’m not one to post often in social media but i have seen a lot of #travelgoals #squadgoals #insertwhatevergoals posts online. But this #relationshipgoals i saw irl and just in time for the love month. 😉
It was the day after Valentine’s when i left the office early for some errands. I was not in a hurry to get home so i decided to drop by the mall and eat merienda. I went to the foodcourt, bought snacks, and sat on one of the many empty chairs available. After some time i noticed this elderly couple in front of me.
They had a bunch of food on the table: spaghetti, burger, a box of funshots (you can guess where they bought their food now 😉 ), a glass of softdrinks. The lady was eating the spaghetti while the guy was eating a burger. But i noticed that half of the burger is on the table. Of course it was rude to stare so i carried on eating my own food. After a couple of minutes i glanced their way again and saw that the guy was eating the spaghetti and the lady was eating the other half of the burger. Awww. Needless to say they also shared the chicken and softdrinks.
While Valentine’s day is probably one of the most commercialised celebrations in recent times, this lovely couple is an example that #relationshipgoals is not always the extravagant things that we see on tv or online. Sometimes the little things such as sharing a simple meal is enough. ❤
So i finally hit the big three-o this week. While i have been content living in my usual boring ways, the world seems to be bent on challenging the status quo:
– the UK voted for separation with EU, now commonly known as the Brexit vote
– the US elected Trump as their next president on the promise of making America great again
– the Philippines voted for Duterte on the hopes of seeing change in the government (for the better? It’s too early to tell)
These issues have sparked a lot of discussions among friends and families which probably also ended up in breaking a lot of relationships (oops). I think it’s good that we are having these exchanges, but we also see the rise of troll armies and the widespread of disinformation which makes research and verification all the more needed before believing everything we see online and sharing it with other people.
While it’s common knowledge that there are people who die everyday, there has been a lot of notable deaths:
– from Hollywood: David Bowie, Prince, Alan Rickman, Muhammad Ali; from the local showbiz: German “Kuya Germs” Moreno and Lilia Cuntapay
– world leaders like Fidel Castro of Cuba and our very own feisty senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago
These people are practically irreplaceable in their respective fields and it makes me wonder who will be the next people to make as much impact as them. There’s also a number of natural calamities (earthquakes and typhoons) that hit the world this year and claimed a lot of lives but probably the man-made calamity of extra-judicial killings is the most chilling of them all.
Despite of hearing the same news everyday to the point of throwing out the towel, it’s not time for despair; there are still good things that happened:
– it seemed like a lifetime ago but my favorite idol group EXO held a two-day concert this year, even if Kai and Xiumin were injured; it’s a dream come true and i hope to see them again in concert ❤
– also in another lifetime i finished my first 5K fun run and i’ve got a cute medal to prove that my fluffy, sedentary self can make it through a fun run lol
– i attended three weddings this year which means my friends are beginning a new phase in their lives and i sincerely wish them all a wonderful journey ahead
– i returned to Iloilo and got a chance to explore Guimaras with a couple of good friends; it’s the most DIY travel i had so far and while it was kind of stressful asking directions from other people, i still enjoyed the feeling of exploring a new place
– i also returned to Roxas in Capiz where my friends’ wedding was held; it gave me a chance to know more about Roxas and see places i’ve never been to before
– and the best way to beat stress is by having a videoke party with friends! even if you sing the same songs and gush over the same videos over and over again
I think i missed a lot more from that list but right now i’m just happy that i have my friends and family around me despite all the crazy stuff happening around us. While being 30 does not really feel at all different from being 29, i guess i have to take my usual boring ways into more #adulting level. And i still have a lot to learn. Now i can’t help but think that i have officially turned into a tita (nope, not changing this blog to scribblertita or scribblerajumma). But then as my friend posted on her fb status, 30 is the new 20, so it’s no reason to be all work and no play, right? 😀